Ljubljana is an important railroad junction and can be reached by trains from all major European cities. The railway station is within walking distance of the city centre.
Arriving to Ljubljana by car is easy. Listed below are distances to some nearby cities:
- Trieste (Italy) - 95 km
- Venice (Italy) - 242 km
- Klagenfurt (Austria) - 83 km
- Vienna (Austria) - 380 km
- Munich (Germany) - 408 km
Ljubljana is best served by its International Airport at Brnik, 23 km northwest of the city, with daily connections to most major European cities. From the airport, Ljubljana can be easily reached either by bus shuttle service to Ljubljana bus station (approx. EUR 10) or by taxi (approx. EUR 40).
You may also find it convenient to use one of the neighbouring airports such as:
- Trieste - Ronchi (Italy), 128 km southwest of Ljubljana
- Klagenfurt (Austria), 90 km north of Ljubljana
- Zagreb - Pleso (Croatia), 141 km southeast of Ljubljana
There are direct flights to Ljubljana from: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Manchester, Moscow, Munich, Ohrid, Paris, Podgorica, Prague, Pristina, Rome, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich.
Important: an early booking of your flight is strongly recommended!
For transportation from Ljubljana airport to Ljubljana or any other airports we recommend to use the GRH Transportation services
Ljubljana airport – Ljubljana city (fixed prices)
- Private car transfer (Economy): 39eur (the price includes VAT, botled water, professional licensed chauffeur)
- Private car transfer (Premium): 50eur (the price includes VAT, botled water, professional licensed chauffeur)
- Group van transfer: 75eur (the price includes VAT, botled water, professional licensed chauffeur)
Payments can be done via cash or credit card (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard), direct to the driver.
Your driver will be meeting you in the arrival hall at the airport.